Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Stealing - The 5000 Question Meme, Part One

1. Who are you?

I'm just some woman who happened to have her life turned upside-down about three years ago and thankfully survived with the help of many things (this blog included) and I'm off to a good start on the new and improved chapters in my life.

2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?

I love traveling
I have a strange fear of escalators
I hate tomatoes

3. When you aren't memes like this one what are you doing?

You mean I'm supposed to actually DO things besides memes? Well I'll be damned!

4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time).

In school I loved classes in psychology, writing, criminal justice, and absolutely despised anything Math related, ick.

5. What is your biggest goal for this year?

Starting the process of getting a certain someone across the pond to live with me.

6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?

I'd like to be happily married and living in a nice home.

7. What stage of life are you in right now?

I just passed my mid 30's and am rolling headlong into the big 4-0

8. Are you more child-like or childish?

Child-like I guess since I still love toys, games and cartoons.

9. What is the last thing you said out loud?

I just yelled, "Hello, are you awake?!" to my mom who is in the other room, and I heard a snore in response, so I guess that basically answered my question.

10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?

All I hear is silence at the moment.

11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?

I took Taekwondo in gym class in high school and got to the Orange belt level when the classes stopped and we moved to "studying" other types of activities.

12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?

It does all the above

13. Does time really heal all wounds?

Yes but the bigger the wound the slower the time goes, and it stands still sometimes too.

14. How do you handle a rainy day?

Well I just stick out my chin and grin and say..... THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW! Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, they'll be sun! Tomorrow, Tomorrow I love ya tomorrow! You're only a day a waaaayyyy!

15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?

Luggage is far worse because I can easily run out to a nearby store to replace the tangled holiday lights fairly inexpensively. Luggage is not so easily replaceable especially when its packed with tons of souvenirs.

16. How is (or was) your relationship with your parents?

My relationship with my mom is groovy now that I'm an adult and not giving her so much grief.

17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?

Yes, and despite that, I STILL manage to trip and fall over things! Hmm, maybe I should stop paying attention to everything.

18. What is the truest thing that you know?

Books made into movies are never as good as the original book, and neither are second, third, fourth etc. installments of the same movie. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

19. What did you want to be when you grew up?

For the longest time I wanted to be a "baby doctor."

20. Have you ever been given a second chance?

Yes, do overs, second chances, we all make mistakes and must redo things sometimes.

21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?

I appreciate giving unless I'm tapped out and require some taking to replenish my giving abilities.

22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?

Yes I do. Sure it takes more time and energy sometimes, but it's well worth it in the end. I recommend it to everyone.

23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?

That would be a toss up between popping out kidney stones or having herniated discs.

24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?

Going through a divorce was my worst.

25. Who have you hugged today?

I've loved on and returned frantic hugs and kisses upon my two crazy dogs who were beyond totally ecstatic to see me return home after being out shopping for a few hours today.

1 comment:

The Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Lynette,

Questions 5 & 6: Is there something you want to tell us?

:0)

Cheers

PM